These include tree felling, tree cutting, tree surgery and tree removal by our qualified tree surgeon with over 15 years experience. So if you have a problem don’t hesitate to call us.
Servicing Waterford, Wexford, Kilkenny & Carlow.
Tree surgeons don’t have to undergo quite as much training as medical surgeons, but we do have one thing in common. We take on jobs that aren’t safe for you to do yourself. Tree felling requires the right equipment and expertise, and our tree surgeon has both. Whether you need tree cutting or pruning or tree removal after a storm, Fairybush Landscaping offers a complete range of tree services to fit your needs.
A large old tree is a beautiful sight, but big trees do need to be maintained by tree surgeons who have the right tools. Proper care by a tree surgeon will help keep trees healthy and safe. An expert can spot signs of disease in trees and often tree surgery can prevent the problem from destroying the entire tree. A tree surgeon can also deal with broken or damaged branches as well as those growing over roofs or power lines. Leaving a damaged branch on a tree can be dangerous – it could be one mild storm away from breaking and falling.
What Does Our Tree Surgeon Do?
Our comprehensive range of tree services includes the following:
- Tree Felling: Trees are beautiful, and they play an important role in the environment providing clean air and habitats for birds, but there are times when a tree can become a problem. Trees can outgrow their location and threaten the foundation of nearby buildings, including your home. They can grow large enough to block the sunlight from your garden or be vulnerable to storm damage. Or perhaps you simply need to use your land for another purpose and a tree is in the way. Whatever the reason for tree felling, it is not a do-it-yourself project. It simply is not safe for untrained home owners to tackle this.
- Tree Cutting: Trees do not have to be left to randomly grow. They can be pruned and shaped. When they are small, the main concern is their shape, but as they grow they may need tree cutting to keep them away from power lines or to make sure they don’t leave your garden in shadows for most of the day. If your tree is growing over a neighbour’s garden or blocking their light, that can lead to stress all around.
- Tree Surgery: Trees can get diseases and develop other health problems. But a damaged tree does not always need to be cut down and removed. Often it can be saved with tree surgery. A tree surgeon can remove the damaged portions help restore the tree to good health.
- Tree Removal: When a storm brings a tree crashing down, before you can tackle repairing the damage, you need to sort out the tree removal. Depending on how the tree fell and its size, this can be a challenging and unsafe job for those who are not trained tree surgeons.
How to Spot the Signs that You Need Help from an Expert Tree Surgeon
Trees like all other plants need water, but extremely heavy rainfall can lead to serious problems. Checking your trees regularly, especially in the spring, can help prevent a disaster. If a tree is becoming unstable, it may be better to looking into professional tree felling before it comes down in the next storm. Here’s what to look for when you check your trees:
- Cracks in the ground surrounding the tree or any other indication the tree is moving in strong winds.
- Dead sections with no new growth or leaves.
- Fungus growing around the base of the tree.
If you spot any of the above, it is best to call the professionals at Fairybush Landscaping. We can examine the tree and advise you of any risks it poses. If a tree is near a road or a home or other building, it can be extremely dangerous if it is unstable or unhealthy. We have a lot of strong winds in Ireland, especially near the coasts, and a tree being blown down by a storm can be lethal.